Time : Three Hours
Max. Marks : 80
Notes : 1. All questions carry marks as indicated.
2. Solve Question 1 OR Questions No. 2.
3. Solve Question 3 OR Questions No. 4.
4. Solve Question 5 OR Questions No. 6.
5. Solve Question 7 OR Questions No. 8.
6. Solve Question 9 OR Questions No. 10.
7. Solve Question 11 OR Questions No. 12.
8. Due credit will be given to neatness and adequate dimensions.
9. Assume suitable data whenever necessary.
10. Illustrate your answers whenever necessary with the help of neat sketches.
1. a) Explain various performance issues in network. [04 M]
b) What is the principle difference between connection oriented and connection less services. [03 M]
c) Explain TCP/IP Reference model and also compare it with ISO-OSI Reference model. [07 M]
2. a) Define following terms. [05 M]
i) Throughput ii) Packet delivery Ratio
iii) Reliability iv) Jitter
b) Explain IEEE 802.11 standard in detail. [05 M]
c) Explain the concept Bluetooth and WiMAX. [04 M]
3. Explain any two. [14 M]
i) Simplex stop-and-wait protocol.
ii) Go back N ARQ protocol.
iii) One bit sliding window protocol.
4. a) Explain static and dynamic channel allocation system in detail. [07 M]
b) Explain ALOHA system in detail. [07 M]
5. a) Explain classful addressing method. Also find the class of each address given below. [07 M]
i) 00000001 00001011 00001011 11101111
iv) 11110011 10011011 11111011 00001111
b) Explain Distance vector Routing algorithm with example. [06 M]
6. a) Explain open shortest path first protocol in detail. [06 M]
b) Explain various congestion control techniques in detail.[07 M]
7. a) Explain various transport service primitives for connection
-oriented and connection -less networks in detail. [08 M]
b) Write a note on quality of Services. [05 M]
8. a) Explain socket system call for connectionless protocol. [06 M]
b) Explain following any two. [07 M]
i) Crash Recovery ii) Concurrency
9. a) Differentiate between. [08 M]
i) BOOTP and DHCP ii) FTP and TFTP
b) What do you mean by domain name system ? How does it work? Explain resolution process. [05 M]
10. a) Explain FQDN and PQDN differentiate. [06 M]
b) Explain BOOTP packet format with neat diagram. [07 M]
11. a) Comment on Real time traffic over the internet. [06 M]
b) Explain digital signature in detail. [07 M]
12. a) Explain IP security Architecture in detail. [07 M]
b) Explain mobile IP architecture in detail. [06 M]