Time : Three Hours
Max. Marks : 80
Notes : 1. All questions carry marks as indicated.
2. Solve Question 1 OR Questions No. 2.
3. Solve Question 3 OR Questions No. 4.
4. Solve Question 5 OR Questions No. 6.
5. Solve Question 7 OR Questions No. 8.
6. Solve Question 9 OR Questions No. 10.
7. Solve Question 11 OR Questions No. 12.
8. Illustrate your answers whenever necessary with the help of neat sketches.
1. a) Explain about Infrared Transmission. [05 M]
b) Explain the following with example. [08 M]
ii) Packet loss rate.
iv) Through Put.
2. a) Write a short note on Wireless transmission. [06 M]
b) Discuss about IEEE 802.11 and its architecture. [07 M]
3. a) Explain about selective repeat ARQ. With its working. [07 M]
b) Write a short note on 1-bit sliding window protocol. [06 M]
4. a) Write a short note on CSMA/CA with an example. [07 M]
b) Explain about static and Dynamic channel allocation. [06 M]
5. a) Explain about distance vector routing with its working. [08 M]
b) Write a short note on BGF. [06 M]
6. a) Explain the difference between Default mask and subnet mask. [03 M]
b) Explain the difference between Subnet mask and supernet mask with example. [03 M]
c) Explain about transition from IPV4, to IPV6. [08 M]
7. a) Explain the concept of flow control and buffering. [06 M]
b) Define socket, explain it with socket system calls. [07 M]
8. a) Explain the concept of multiplexing with example. [07 M]
b) Explain about quality of service under transport layer. [06 M]
9. a) What is DNS? Explain with its resolutions. [06 M]
b) Explain the packet format of DHCP. [04 M]
c) Discuss about FTP. [03 M]
10. a) Explain about DNS in the internet. [05 M]
b) Explain about file transfer in TFTP. [08 M]
11. a) Write a short note on mobile IP. [08 M]
b) Explain about Ipsec. [03 M]
c) Write a short note on Internet security. [03 M]
12. a) Briefly describe about transport layer security. [09 M]
b) Explain about Real Time traffic over the internet. [05 M]